The Outreach service was created in 1999 to support pupils with autism included in mainstream schools maintained by Surrey LEA.
The outreach service is a team of AUTISM SPECIALISTS from Linden Bridge, Freemantle's, The Abbey and Limpsfield Grange Schools.
The Outreach service offers:
We support pupils with a diagnosis of an Autism in mainstream schools, we will also support children who are waiting for a diagnosis. Support in schools usually begins with one of the specialists observing a child in the class. We can offer support with a variety of issues such as:
- Including the child more fully into the class
- Exploring ways in which the curriculum and work can be adapted
- Understanding communication, sensory and behaviour difficulties
- Developing the pupil's and other pupils’ understanding of ASD
- Supporting pupils through the process of school transition
New Referrals and Contact
Class teachers, SENCOs, Educational Psychologists and GP’s, can all make referrals for any pupil who has a diagnosis of an Autism or is awaiting their diagnosis or who have Social Communication differences. .
We can be contacted by e-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the referral form above.
Old forms sent via email or Egress to Outreach will no longer be accepted. The new online forms will be emailed straight to us once submitted.
Please click on the link below to open the updated online New Referral Form.
East Surrey Schools
For the Linden Bridge Team, please use email contact in the first place. If a matter is urgent please contact the school reception.
Linden Bridge School
Limpsfield Grange School
West Surrey Schools
Tel: 01483 545680
The Abbey School
Tel: 01252 725059
Covid 19 - New Arrangements
In light of the latest government Covid 19 announcement 2021 and after considering the other Surrey ASD Outreach services.
We are now visiting pupils again.
If you are new to our service then please complete a New Referral form, Risk Assessment form and the new SLA Agreement prior to our visit. The link for the New Referral Form is above and the SLA and RA documents below. The SLA and RA forms must be completed and submitted to https://email@example.com at the same time the New Referral Form is submitted on-line, or before. One of the Outreach Team will contact you as soon as all relevant documents have been received and reviewed and one of the team has a date to offer you to come and visit the pupil/s.
Below are some highlights from the forms:-
Covid 19: Risk of transmission
- Schools to contact the outreach team as soon as possible if COVID cases are confirmed in their setting, so that the visit can be postponed or moved online.
- Outreach workers will ensure the front office has their email for test and trace purposes
Covid-19: Risk of transmission from lack of social distancing
- Where meetings do take place, school staff must ensure the meeting space is adequately large to facilitate social distancing.
- The outreach team member reserves the right to refuse a meeting if social distancing is not being observed.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Please continue to refer your pupils’ using our online referral service and a member of the team will be in contact with you as soon as possible
Please be aware that we are still working through the backlog due to the Pandemic, we are working through this as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience, we look forward to continuing to support your pupils’ and staff working with them.
Theresa Donnelly, Sarah Scott, and Katie Woods
ASD Outreach Team, Linden Bridge School
SEPT 2020 OUTREACH RISK ASSESSMENT COVID 19
SEPT 2020 OUTREACH SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT COVID 19
Service Level Agreement